In the caves on the slopes of Kitheronas near Thebes, the mythical wine god Dionsyos, the Nymphs, the Satyrs, and the Great God Pan celebrated the vine and its blessed fruit, wine.
In this place world renowned since antiquity, the family-owned Sokos Winery carries on the unique wine tradition of the region, with respect, passion and great care.
Sokos Winery carefully selects the best grape varieties from the vineyards of the region, produces, matures, stores and bottles wines that express the region’s potential: Balanced wines with splendid flavours and unique aromas produced from local indigenous as well as world-famous grape varieties.
Today the winery and the production process are certified by ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 22000.
The continual commitment of the Sokos Winery to produce high quality wines is seen in the numerous awards and honors received in Greece and in international competitions throughout the world.
- DRYOS KEFALAI (Chardonnay-Assyrtiko), a dry white country wine of central Greece
- DRYOS KEFALAI (Cabernet-Agiorgitiko), a dry red country wine of central Greece
- DRYOS KEFALAI (Merlot-Syrah), a dry red country wine from the slopes of Kitheronas
- ΕPILINIOS, a dry white country wine of the slopes of Kitheronas
- ΝΕΜΕΑ, a dry Nemea, Appellation of Origin of Superior Quality
- MERLOT, a dry red country wine of the slopes of Kitheronas
- CABERNET-SYRAH, a dry red country wine of the slopes of Kitheronas
- SAVATIANO, a dry white country wine of central Greece
- RETSINA, a dry white resinated wine, Traditional Appellation
- MOSHOFILERO, a dry white Mantinia, Appellation of Origin of Superior Quality
- RODITIS, a dry white country wine of central Greece
- ΑSSYRTIKO, a dry white country wine of central Greece
- INOPION, dry white, red & rose’ table wines, as well as other table wines in Bags-in-Box available in 3, 5, 10 & 20 lit.
Τel: +30 22630 62759 & +30 22630 62959
Fax: +30 22630 62859