Premium Wines from the slopes of mount Vermion in North-western Greece
Kir-Yianni Estate was founded in 1997 by Yiannis Boutaris, one of the leading figures in the Greek wine industry, when he left the Boutari Wine Group, the premium family wine company that his grandfather established in 1879.
Today the Kir-Yianni Estate, led by Stellios Boutaris, son of Yiannis, follows its vision into the next phase of its history, by dynamically exploiting the cornerstones of the Kir-Yianni philosophy: desire for innovation, respect for tradition and true knowledge of the wine, from the grape to the end consumer.
Vineyards and Wineries
Kir-Yianni has vineyard holdings on both sides of mount Vermion, located in Northwestern Greece.
In Naousa, the 56 ha vineyard is located on the east slopes of mount Vermion at an altitude of 250 to 350 meters, within the PDO Naoussa region. The soil is clay and sandy clay and the focus is on Xinomavro, the indigenous noble red grape variety. During the last few years, the vineyard has gone through an extensive replanting program aiming at the development of better fruit, which can be achieved by planting the right clones to the right soil and by applying higher trellising and modern canopy systems.
In Amyndeon, also a PDO region, located at an altitude of 750 meters lies the private 17 ha vineyard, complemented with contracts from independent producers for another 40 ha. The climate is almost continental, tempered by the presence of four lakes, which create a very unique microclimate. The soils are poor and sandy and the main varieties are again the indigenous Xinomavro and Roditis.
The unique style of Kir-Yianni wines is achieved thanks to microvinification and meticulous blending. The combination of subtle but prominent fruit with serious acidity provides character, aging potential and a beautiful balance in the mouth.
- Kir-Yianni Estate (Yianakohori): Dry red wine, PGI Imathia, Merlot and Xinomavro
- Diaporos: Dry red wine, PGI Imathia, Xinomavro
- Ramnista: Dry red wine, PDO Naoussa, Xinomavro
- Dyo Elies: Dry red wine, PGI Imathia, Syrah, Merlot and Xinomavro
- Blue Fox: Dry red wine, PGI Imathia, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, Cabernet Franc, Malbec, Petit Verdot, Xinomavro
- Paranga: Dry red wine, PGI Macedonia, Xinomavro, Merlot and Syrah
- Kali Riza: Dry red wine, PDO Amyndeon, Xinomavro
- Akakies: Dry rosé wine, PDO Amyndeon, Xinomavro
- Akakies Sparkling: Dry sparkling rosé, PDO Amyndeon, Xinomavro
- Tesseris Limnes: Dry white wine, PGI Florina, Chardonnay and Gewurztraminer
Τel: +30 23320.51100,
Fax: +30 23320.51140