CAVINO S.A. was established in 1958 in Aigio city in Peloponnese by Constantinos Anastassiou and Ioannis Douskas. Initially winery but soon also distillery together and climate controlled warehouses completed modern infrastructure of the company.
Today, CAVINO, being a national leader in production and exports of wines and traditional Greek spirit Ouzo, produces more than 8,5 mln bottles of wines and 6,5 mln bottles of Ouzo annually. The total sales turn-over reached up to 16 mln Euros in 2010 continuing its stable growth.
CAVINO’s main shareholders Jannis Anastassiou and Theodoros Anastassiou established Domain Mega Spileo in 1999 bringing soon to Greek and international markets the highest quality premium wines from single vineyard of monastery Mega Spileo (Grand Cave) located in unique natural conditions at 800 meters altitude above the sea and canyon in Peloponnese.
CAVINO is certified by ISO and IFS quality standards assuring its high quality production level. New fully automated ultramodern bottling line was started its operation in 2010 producing up to 7000 bottles per hour and setting new standards of quality and proving the leading position of the company in Greek wine market.
State-of-the-art facilities, unique experience and skilled team of production, logistics, marketing and sales professionals allow CAVINO to look confidently in future and meet all challenges of present times.
CAVINO was distinguished as The Best Greek Winery of 2009 by International Wine and Spirits magazine, UK.
- 1958 – Founded in Aigio, Greece.
- 1999 – Establishing of Domain Mega Spileo on historical vineyard of monastery Mega Spileo (Grande Cave) and bringing soon to Greek and international markets the highest quality single vineyard premium wines.
- 2005 – Launching of a new highly competitive range of wines DEUS, tailored for exports to retail markets of different countries in the world.
- 2006-2010 – Strengthening and rapid extension of exports activities in Europe, Russia, USA, Canada and other of 26 in total countries. No.1 in sales and exports growth among Greek wineries.
- 2009 – Best winery in Greece by Wine and Spirits Magazine, UK.
- 2010 – Launch of the new state-of-the-art fully automatic bottling line for wines with production capacity of up to 7.000 bottles per hour.
No.1 in sales and exports growth among Greek wineries! in 2006-2010
Policy and Consumer Safety Quality
The Policy & Consumer Safety Quality of the CAVINO SA Company’s products that are produced at its Factory in the Meganiti Bridge of Aigio Region is as follows:
- To produce, bottle and deal in wine and ouzo with a methodology that ensures that its products fully comply with the National and Community Legislative Requirements that relate to the Consumer’s health and safety;
- To implement the agreements that it concludes with its Customers, where its main objective is to satisfy their requirements and expectations;
- To procure Primary and Support Materials of a known and recognised quality that fully complies with the requirements of the HACCP National and Community Legislation and which ensures the Consumer’s health and safety – the quality of the Corporate Products produced;
- To employ Staff that has been suitably educated and trained on HACCP matters and which continually implements the Rules of Good Personal Hygiene (GHP) that have been instituted by the Company. The Staff is directly aware of its obligations towards the Customers and the Company and effectively and ethically manages all of the matters that relate to the safe consumption of the Corporate Products;
- To promote communication with its Customers, Suppliers and Final Customers, when any item comes to its attention that may affect the safety of the Corporate Products in their chain of management;
- To implement the Quality & HACCP Targets that it has set through the effective implementation of the System, by achieving the promotion of consumption safety, the reduction of non compliances and stability of the processes implemented;
- To sensitively and efficiently deal with the matters relating to the protection of the Environment and to integrate their management into its business plans and targets;
- To sensitively and efficiently deal with the matters relating to the Community Responsibility and improving the working conditions and remuneration of its Personnel; and
- The Company name should be an assurance for the quality of its products, services and prestige.
In order to achieve the hereinabove, the Company has documented and implemented a Quality & HACCP Management System that satisfies the requirements of:
- ELOT (Hellenic Organisation for Standardisation) Standard ΕΝ ISO 9001;
- INTERNATIONAL FOOD STANDARD, Version 5; and
- The National & Community Legislation HACCP 852/2004/EC
- and which includes all of the activities that affect the quality, health and safety for the consumption of its products and relations with the Customers.
The Quality System is the tool for the Company’s development, improvement and further recognition and it has the full support of the Administration on matters relating to resources – means for its effective implementation and improvement.